Server broke down

News on the server
Bathory
Site Admin

Server broke down

Post by Bathory » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:14 pm

Dear community,

unfortunately the machine BM was running on broke down. In the past there were RAM and power units replaced, I simply ran out of spare parts now.
Since Microsoft will not be supporting Windows 7 anymore from January 2020 onwards, I am not going to spend more money on this machine.

To be honest, the future of BMReborn is not sure. As some of you know I can barely bring up the time needed for the game. My two jobs and my home business is consuming most of my time. I will call in the current staff to decide upon BMReborn's future.

Good news is, the HDD is OK and your data is backed up.
Blade Mistress Reborn Administrator

LadyTokya

Re: Server broke down

Post by LadyTokya » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:06 pm

Oh no! If thats the case allow me to order whatever parts you need. I'm sure the community would be glad to keep it going. There are other options too like a server you can rent online and host the files on and just have you guys access it when needed for updates.

Where is Iresh in all of this? She was usually the one very much so involved in BM.

Bathory
Site Admin

Post by Bathory » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:47 am

Thank you for your offer. My first guess would be the power unit, still a new machine needs to be bought because of Microsoft stopping their support for Windows 7 in January 2020. Rented servers often have restrictions and limitations, these where you have full access are quite pricy.

The current user and guild data has been handed to Test server so you can play there until further notice.

Iresh is involved, we all are lucky that she is.

LadyTokya

Post by LadyTokya » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:13 am

Okay so the first hurdle to deal with is a power supply? If you would like, find one you need for it and tell me the price and I'll send the money to your paypal.

Sound good?

LadyTokya

Post by LadyTokya » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:17 am

As for win 10 I personally use a torrented copy with zero issues and would be happy to send you an iso file and link you to the program that installs it onto a usb device to install the win 10 iso file onto.

Would win 10 work okay with bmreborn?

Alternatively I know a site to get a win 10 cdkey for a incredibly fair price and would be happy to buy it for you. Only thing for you to do from that point is install the iso file onto the usb and install win 10 to the server via the usb and enter the key code when prompted.

Bathory
Site Admin

Post by Bathory » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:48 pm

It is not necessarily the power unit but I guess on it based on the machine's current behavior. Though it could also be RAM, malfunctioning mainboard, etc.
Even if it would be fixed again, this desktop pc is not ready for Win10.
I have some good and some bad experiences with cheaply bought Windows keys, though I would never use a pirated license for BM.

Thank you for the offer regarding Paypal donation. I am not asking for money, BMReborn will remain on Testserver until a solution will be found.

iresh

Post by iresh » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:12 pm

i am here haven't left test is now up to date with files. we offered a fee lappy to bath to host bm on.

Cadoimond

Post by Cadoimond » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:08 am

Also I have a spare win 10 key if needed. Purchased one because I knew my new desktop wasn't going to come with it, but when I logged into my microsoft account on it, it downloaded and gave me an authorized copy. So the win 10 key I purchased was for no reason and I'm just sitting on it. Let me know if you need it, would be glad to assist in keeping BMR alive =)

Kar

Post by Kar » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:52 pm

Sorry to hear about computer problems,

I can't find my character Zaltar, was on test server in the account Kar, however if you pulled accounts from other server and placed it on test server the account on test server is replace with the one from other server.. Anyway, looking for a real nice sword Zaltar was holding.

Good job keeping things running..

iresh

Post by iresh » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:11 am

ok lappy has been sent out to Bathroy as of today it going to take a bit to get to him due to customs.

MVM

Post by MVM » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:04 pm

Oh, did'nt know about all this. Hope everything will be ok :o
Blade Mistress Reborn Moderator

iresh

Post by iresh » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:11 pm

Kar wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:52 pm

I can't find my character Zaltar, was on test server in the account Kar, however if you pulled accounts from other server and placed it on test server the account on test server is replace with the one from other server.. Anyway, looking for a real nice sword Zaltar was holding.

yes main has been pulled into test a lot of times meaning unless i have a old backup that sword is long gone. i didn't back up test until bathroy lost the tower this is why it was test.

Kar

Post by Kar » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:27 am

iresh wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:11 pm
Kar wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:52 pm

yes main has been pulled into test a lot of times meaning unless i have a old backup that sword is long gone. i didn't back up test until bathroy lost the tower this is why it was test.
It was fun when I had it.. :-) :D . thanks anyway..