Staff Amalgamate

Tell us your ideas
Solstice

Staff Amalgamate

Post by Solstice » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:39 am

Hey all,

So this nifty skill would allow the player to combine currently imbued staffs together to form one staff with the previous charges added together.
Oak staff with 10 Charge's + Oak with 10 Charges = Oak with 20 Charges
So maybe the higher the WV the more staffs you can combine together at the same time?
Might even be able to use the same skill to combine a din fire and din blind? So it does both effects at the same time? like a din blind fire staff? Just an added thought.

Any ideas, or thoughts?

Cheers,

LadyTokya

Re: Staff Amalgamate

Post by LadyTokya » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:45 am

I like it, im for the idea! Especially adding stacking effects. Staffs are just not used as often as they could be. The whole staff system needs an overhaul. I feel like the only ones used are the din fire (and only for hitting low lvl mobs -.- ) as well as summoning staff. To make things worse, everybody usually has a large stockpile of staffs because there just isnt much else to do with them past using them as skilling material. We need a sink for staffs, ive got over 1k oaks just stashed away and they'll rarely see the light of day.

Even if this idea isnt fully accepted, we need to start listing here what can be done to increase staff sink!

LadyTokya

Post by LadyTokya » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:15 pm

@Iresh Please consider this! I'm so tired of having 20+ staffs to click Use on, or remove them to use wep. It would just make sense to be able to stack the uses together as it cant be abused in any way and offers simplicity and ease of access.

I also suggest the ability for each additional unimbued staff to add 1 count.
As an example of what i mean: If your oak din fire staff has 32 uses left and you add 20 unimbued oak staffs into workbench and use the skill staff amalgamate, it would create a new single staff with the 32 uses + 20 uses so the new staff would have 52 swing count.
And of course if you have some staffs that are say 32 swings, 15 swings, ect. those would add together for the total count.

These of course MUST be perfect imbued staffs and of same type. This would give a perfect sink to excess staffs. We have totem shatter for totems which is nice, but now we need something like this for staffs! I would LOVE making like 50 elm din fire staffs and combining them all together. I would also love just simply making 1 oak din fire staff and including 50 unimbued staffs to get rid of excess oak staffs that accumulate.

You could easily make it so the higher lvl this skill is, the more staffs you can add in workbench at once. Each staff would add so much difficulty. Want to do 50 staffs at once? better have that level up there.

Its a really good idea! Please consider this!

iresh

Post by iresh » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:11 pm

This was one of the sythe abilities and was saving it for that weapon. as for combining different staff abilities i am against that idea totally. because combining a dinfire ans a summoning would be too op.

LadyTokya

Post by LadyTokya » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:35 pm

Combining smithing and staffs isn't going to give a good staff sink unless the scythe has a swing count that can be upped by x amount of staffs included where you can choose the amount so to increase the swing amount.

Not to mention we still would have to have a flooded inventory of din fire staffs with 12 swings, 30 swings, ect
Plus the same for all other staffs.

In what way exactly are these scythe going to work solely when it comes to the staff aspect?

I'm okay with denial of the combining effects even tho I disagree how it would be OP. I don't see how it would be OP but I'm not set in the idea, im much more in for the idea of combining staff count and increasing count by 1 for each unimbued staff included, should skill be high enough.