Known Bugs

Having trouble? Tell us
Bathory
Site Admin

Known Bugs

Post by Bathory »

This topic contains the known bugs on this server.

1) Ingot and Item Values are limited to 100 at the town's merchants.
2) Low drake damage for all drake colors and stages (compared to Thoth's server).
Blade Mistress Reborn Administrator

zaphod77

Re: Known Bugs

Post by zaphod77 »

1) This is intentionally hard coded into the server source, and is the same quantity for ALL ITEMS in the items file. This can be change with a simple source edit, but will affect game balance.
2) This is fixable by swapping in the right petDragonData.txt from Punishers' source release. That is the way drakes were intended to work. No recompile needed.

MVM

Post by MVM »

Here is some more;
1.When hunting posse wrong sound occur sometimes. Ex: A tiger sounds like a spider etc...
This happens when there is more than one char involved in the hunting.

2. Sometimes but rare. If you have the luck to get 2 Posse in the same cave, then it can happen that just one of them spawn.
Blade Mistress Reborn Moderator

zaphod77

Post by zaphod77 »

1) this is certainly strange, but harmless, and very difficult to reliably reproduce. but if anyone can do so i might be able tto fix it.
2) if i had to guess this happens when you step into range of both at the same time. Eiter that or when both are in the same square. when it happens, do both quests trigger? That's an important question.

MVM

Post by MVM »

zaphod77 wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:26 pm
2) if i had to guess this happens when you step into range of both at the same time. Eiter that or when both are in the same square. when it happens, do both quests trigger? That's an important question.
Seems to be like this:
If you step into the cave but only 1 of them spawn and you kill that one first, (let say location 6 4)(both quests trigger as finished) after that you seeking the next location, (let say 10 5), but it will not spawn as you didnt trigger the second one before you killed the first one. I remember i did exately that.

zaphod77

Post by zaphod77 »

what should happen with your example is the first one spawns, and then when you step closer the second one spawns.

but if they both had the same x coords then they would try to spawn at the same time most likely.

ok. i think it's possible that killing one when the other one is NOT spawned may remove both quests.

oh wait. i see the issue. it's three spaces away, and so if one spawns at the closest from the back and the other is at farthest from the back, that's 4 spaces away then its' possible to only spawn one.

it only checks that it's a posse and that it's in the same cave, so it completes both quests.

It can't just check that it's in the right square because some of them can move. checking the type doesn't guarantee it either, because they could both be the same. and checking the name doesn't help because again they could be the same name as well if they are both your posse.

The only fix is t increase the sight range by 1, and that will only work for 10x5 dungeons (all of them for now). the site range is 1 smaller than it needs to be for quest spawns. it's 3 for them, but four for actual sight it seems.

MVM

Post by MVM »

[quote=zaphod77 post_id=102 time=1518401955 user_id=64

The only fix is t increase the sight range by 1, and that will only work for 10x5 dungeons (all of them for now). the site range is 1 smaller than it needs to be for quest spawns. it's 3 for them, but four for actual sight it seems.
[/quote]

Yes i think that would work. Increase the sight range to 4. Also, i think the nearest location from exit is just 6,4 or 6,5, what i can remember, and the farthest within the cave and from the exit is 10,4 or 10 5.

zaphod77

Post by zaphod77 »

Well this one seems fixable. :)

Any more bugs left?

Fingolfin

Post by Fingolfin »

zaphod77 wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:14 pm
1) This is intentionally hard coded into the server source, and is the same quantity for ALL ITEMS in the items file. This can be change with a simple source edit, but will affect game balance.
2) This is fixable by swapping in the right petDragonData.txt from Punishers' source release. That is the way drakes were intended to work. No recompile needed.
Good example of what I see as "completely unneeded, just to make it easier for players" bugs. Sure, 1000 ingots will be easier but it had always been this way. Nobody likes ingot runs or bead runs but it's part of the game.

The drakes is an interesting issue. In Thoth's BM the drakes were extremely powerful. I can't remember the power in Punisher's BM but my memory says they were not that powerful. As a counselor fighter with a very high chaos mastery, highest fighter spec I was getting outhit by noob mages with strange red dragons. That's not normal and out of balance if you ask me. If anything I would say that the drakes' power should be lower.

MVM

Post by MVM »

Fingolfin wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:00 pm
Good example of what I see as "completely unneeded, just to make it easier for players" bugs. Sure, 1000 ingots will be easier but it had always been this way. Nobody likes ingot runs or bead runs but it's part of the game.

The drakes is an interesting issue. In Thoth's BM the drakes were extremely powerful. I can't remember the power in Punisher's BM but my memory says they were not that powerful. As a counselor fighter with a very high chaos mastery, highest fighter spec I was getting outhit by noob mages with strange red dragons. That's not normal and out of balance if you ask me. If anything I would say that the drakes' power should be lower.
Fin, those was corrected on Thoth's server after a while, and as you said, they were too powerful from start. But what power they have now you can check on Thoth's server. If you do so - please report here about them.

iresh

Post by iresh »

the power of the drakes are adjustable and can be set . we been testing for many years before thoth even owned a server. the numbers that have decimals are the power of that drake and certain meat will increase it. so good new is tweak it until your happy :) remember breeding powers them up more. strong parents = more powerful eggs.

zaphod77

Post by zaphod77 »

only thoth has the power for the drakes on his server.

I suspect they got fixed.

regardless, the official drake file from puns can be dropped into this running server as is.

zaphod77

Post by zaphod77 »

some more known and/or rumored bugs.

1) large bombs may crash the server. i've checked the code, and i can't find an obvious problem, but i vaguely remember that it happened a few times. I'm not sure what the trigger to it was. it's possible that this was already fixed by Punisher. A limit on the range at which bombs can hurt monsters was put in by him at some time. if anyone does manage to crash test with a bomb, we'd like to know. :)
2) when UAC dims the screen, it can close your BM clients. this can be worked around by disabling the screen dimming feature https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows ... ows-vista/ with screen dimming disabled you will no longer have issues with your BM windows going away. This is in theory fixable in the source, but i don't understand how. Direct3d apps need to be coded to reacquire the graphics handle on a graphics reset.
3) if you drop an odd number of ancient dragonscales greater than 1 on the ground at once, the odd scale out will be taken by the dragon with no reward. if you sell 5 to the ground and wait, you will get 2 ingots and lose the 5th scale. sell 20, or sell all (if even) are safe, and you will get all ingots owed. This is tested (at great personal risk) even on current. This one is fixable, if the community so wishes. Alternatively, the dragon could mock you, same as it does if you try to get a posse quest when you have no free quest slots. This would be in character.

If anyone else remembers any other way they crashed punishers server, please let us know how. Once all crash bugs are fixed, we can consider an upgrade of live server (the test server is 100% compatible with older users, to the best of our knowledge) but do note that it will be impossible to look up passwords after the upgrade if the user has been loaded and saved again.

zaphod77

Post by zaphod77 »

Another bug. Salted sentinel and vagabond meats stack despite having different types.

This is fixable easily enough if desired.