Game Rules

Bathory
Site Admin

Game Rules

Post by Bathory » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:14 pm

Rules are subject to change as needed. As long as players use common sense, there are no problems.

Account Sharing

We are not responsible if you choose to give anyone access to your account and items/characters go missing.
You will not be refunded any items if it is a result of account sharing.

Aging Rule

The amount of players attending a player's aging process is limited to 10.
Exceptions for actual playable characters and not just aging-helpers.

AFK Skilling/Macroing

If you are caught doing either of these, or advertising them, you will be immediately banned.
First time you are caught you will be temporarily banned for 24 hours
The second time, you will be banned for a week
The third time is final; you will be permanently banned (and possibly IP banned)

AFK skilling includes purposely avoiding the auto logoff feature.
You are automatically logged off of the server after approximately 15 minutes.
If you do not respond to a Moderator or Administrator who's been talking to you in your square within a reasonable amount of time, you will be kicked from the server or banned, per Moderator or Administrator decision. Your response has to be in regular chat in the same square, no /a /f /r or similar.

Camp Rules

A camp is defined as any boss and any surrounding army and squares.

Examples include but are not limited to:
Dokk and the Dokk Centurions; Anubis and the entire army including Bone Warriors, Bone Sergeants, and Bone Lieutenants; Bone Bosses and the entire army including Bone Warriors, Bone Sergeants, and Bone Lieutenants; Orc Hills, including the Orc Champions, Orc Fanatics, Orc Warriors, Orc Bullies and Orcs; Spider camps including the Demon spider, Venomous and Hunting Spider, Dragon bosses and their guards; labyrinth and deeper labyrinth bosses and surrounding area.

The first person to enter a camp is the holder of that camp until s/he walks away from the camp or leaves the realm.
If you leave your camp and someone else has taken it, it is now the new camper's camp. It is his/her discretion if s/he shares it or lets you have it back.

It is considered camp invading if you are within 5 squares of the edge of a camp. Edge is considered the perimeter of the farthest out army or 5 squares from a base boss. You must be granted permission by the camper to enter the camp, and both parties must give ample time for the other to respond.

If a situation evolves, the Moderator or Administrator handling the situation will use best judgment. Screenshots of someone invading are strongly encouraged.

Tower Rules

Tower rules are in place in the Tower Request forum section. As with any rules, they are subject to change, but if a change is made after a request, the previous rules are in place for that tower request unless there is valid reason to deny the request. Failure to abide by the rules results in delay or denial of a tower placement.

Tower placement is also under Moderator's and/or Administrator’s discretion; if we are not happy with the placement, you will have to move it.
Guild Rules

Running of guilds is per the leaders and members of each guild. You are responsible for managing all guild activities including what is kept in the chest, guild accounts, inducting and removing of guild members, etc. Staff intervention is on a case by case basis.
Proper proof including screenshots and times are required.

It is not allowed to name your guild after town names, or other locations in the world of Blade Mistress. Bans will be given.

Illegal Modifications

Any modifications you make to your client to give you an unfair advantage in the game is a punishable offense.

Duping

Duping any in game item is a punishable offense. Punishment is per Moderator or Administrator discretion but will ultimately lead to a UID and IP ban.

Player or Staff Harassment

Purposely offending or harassing a player or a staff member is not acceptable and will be dealt with per Moderator or Administrator discretion.

Chat Rules

All chat and forum posts should be respectful to all community members at all times.

Examples of what will not be tolerated in public chat and will lead up to and may include permanent banning:

Language or any topic that is abusive, offensive, explicit, sexual, excessively violent, or referring to illegal activities
Any statement that may be interpreted as embarrassing or harassing to another player
Spamming: repeating the same line over and over
Advertising: advertising of other websites or services

Refunds for lost guilds/towers due to inactivity

Guilds and towers may disappear when no guild member logs into the game for a certain time. To prevent this from happening, make sure that one guildmember logs into the server at least once every three weeks to visit the guild's tower.
Apart from this, the same issue might happen due to long server downtimes. In this case, the guilds and towers will be returned if the following requirements are met:
1) make a screenshot of the output from the commands /time and /guild
2) make a screenshot of your tower and from the command output /time with coords in picture
Your claims for guild and tower will be based on these screenshots, make sure you take them from time to time again.

Quest spawned mobs

When attending the Azrael and Chrome quests, mobs will be spawned at specific locations. Make sure to kill all spawned mobs in square, or you will need to hand over the rewards to a BMR staff member.

Reporting

If you know someone abusing or cheating in the game and you do not report it, you will be held responsible. Punishment may be as harsh as the punishment given to the actual abuser.(edited)

These are far from perfect solutions, and we understand that not everyone will appreciate or agree with these changes. Unfortunately, until such a time as we can properly edit the game, these are the best changes we can come up with to keep things fair/balanced.
Blade Mistress Reborn Administrator

zaphod77

Re: Game Rules

Post by zaphod77 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:51 am

The token rule may be removed, because they no longer go to the static location. any tokens not logged in the token data file now have a random starting spot.

Bathory
Site Admin

Post by Bathory » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:49 am

Done, thank you

zaphod77

Post by zaphod77 » Tue May 01, 2018 4:44 am

It has come to my attention that many game mechanics can be bypassed with multiple logins.

There seems to be a limit of 10 boxed characters when used for aging, but otherwise the rules are silent.

With source available, hard limits on simultaneous characters from the same computer can be placed.

Possible limits are.

a) 1. this is very inconvenient but many MMORPGS try to enforce this one.
b) 2. this would allow you to log in a second account to smith or imbue something while your main is off in a geo.
c) 3. with this you can complete your own prayer tree quests, and do your own caorael and jinweise. You could log in your main, your smith, AND your mage.
d) 4. with this, you can make your own guild without help.

you can also age swords simultaneously, as well as other tricks with many logged in characters.

So, should there be a limit, and what should it be? This is not a limit on accounts, but a limit on number logged in a the same time from the same computer. IP based limits are also possible, but would be unfair to families that play together.

It is also possible to specifically nerf prayer quests and guild creation without affecting other things.

What does the community think is best?

Personally i think 2 is best, to encourage helpfulness and cooperation between multiple people.

Zimmy

Post by Zimmy » Tue May 01, 2018 7:04 am

The main reason I've seen most mmos limit multi logins is so people don't abuse daily quests, and so people don't login a support for easy heal/buffs. That I know of, BM doesn't have any daily timers.

And while having multiple swords does help bring down a posse, the only bosses I know of that can't be soloed, that are also remotely worth killing, are the spider bosses in the upper lab. I haven't done any of the witch quests. Though this would still require you to put in the time to dodge level characters and farm dusts for their swords.

I have never used power words to go to spirit/rotd because of the mob teleports. Less hassle.

I personally always prefer to have my own guild. As sort of a challenge to upgrade it by myself. If the game mechanics allow me to, of course. And if I want to chat to someone I can use all chat.

As far as player cooperation goes? Meh. It was nice on puns server that there was always people in fingle to get you to rotd/sr. Low server pop and the mob teleports make me simply not care. And almost every mmo I've ever played I've seen people asking in whatever lfg chat for help creating a guild. This would involve you joining there party for about 30 seconds then leaving. I don't consider that to be meaningful cooperation.

I can only see aging multiple swords being used for getting a shard. But it doesn't look like getting a shard is all that difficult. So again, meh.

Really, the only things that I would consider abuseable with multiple clients is character aging ceremonies, sword aging, token hunting, and maybe posse farming?

I've tried running multiple geos at once, I would easily get lost just running 2 at once. I can't even fathom running more without a map. And really even with a map, moving the character and looking around corners for mobs, gathering them and then tabbing to the second client? The first will finish killing theirs before you even make it to the third. It becomes LESS efficient the more clients you have doing geos, not more. Even only running through them for the gems would start to lose efficiency after 3 or 4 because of the time spent running into walls and trying to keep track of dead ends.

Bathory
Site Admin

Post by Bathory » Tue May 01, 2018 8:44 am

The limit has been set because players have been bringing up numerous clients to aging parties and make cash from it.

In my personal opinion, I would suggest a limit of 5 open boxes per computer.

For hunting posses, you still need many good blades and it takes time to make them.
Directing multi-boxed characters is exhausting over time.
Multi skilling while having fighter up: you can just direct one box after the other, quite exhausting too.

With low server population and no multi-logins, the atronach thing (tree quests) will become tricky.
Power words for teleportation: no big difference than traveling to a mob.

As for sword aging, I'm also good with 4 agers and 1 active fighter - again, my opinion on this.
I don't see a big deal with token hunting because directing 5 characters will make you dizzy over time.

zaphod77

Post by zaphod77 » Wed May 02, 2018 7:42 pm

the token exploit was to line a bunch of characters up against the edge, then auto-run them all. they would sweep over an area without taking your attention and automatically pick up the tokens.
i think everyone can agree that's abusive. hence the limit to five. no one really needs any more than that on at once.

it's pretty easy if you can make a posse of appropriate level to age 5 or 6 swords at once, with the creator tanking.

running multiple characters in a geo is silly. the stuff will only attack ONE character so only one would get dodge. it would speed up a looter though.

Bathory
Site Admin

Post by Bathory » Fri May 04, 2018 5:36 pm

When hunting tokens with multiple characters, lakes become an issue. They make automated hunts harder.

And for blade aging, shard drop rate was quite low which makes up for this a bit.

Kar

Post by Kar » Fri May 04, 2018 9:51 pm

:roll:
Last edited by Kar on Fri May 18, 2018 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bathory
Site Admin

Post by Bathory » Tue May 08, 2018 4:02 pm

@Kar
I suppose this is a suggestion for development?