Spreadsheets!

Place for all kinds of game-related common topics
CNCCocoa

Spreadsheets!

Post by CNCCocoa »

I have two spreadsheets for you today. The first is a spreadsheet for smithing, expertise, dismantle, geo, and dodge skills. For all but the last, it gives work value ranges (including, for smithing skills, an "absolute minimum" and "absolute maximum," which are much more rare than the "usual min" and "usual max," according to the wiki), your average WV, how much experience to need to get to the next skill level, and a rough estimate of how many combines, on average, you need to get to the next skill level (because of the way decimals are handled in BM, I needed to do a little fudging).

Geomancy also include calculations on how many beads you need to gain exp on combines. I... have actually forgotten what the two extra rows for Dismantle are. I think it's the same thing.

To use: Enter your current creative or magic (for geo) stat in B9, your guild's relevant spec in C9, the number of tokens your guild has captured in D9 (for geo, enter 2, 3, or 5 depending on whether your guild has moon, turtle, or both, respectively), and a skill level in E9. The skill level just needs to be anywhere from your skill to your skill minus 254 (there are 255 columns), but I would recommend something close to your level. The spreadsheet will calculate the relevant values.

For the dodge portion, just enter in your skill level or something close to it into B6.

The spreadsheet is laid out in such a way that the entire relevant portion (the part that displays experience required, work values, etc) can fit below a 1024x768 window on a 1080p monitor (with the taskbar below the spreadsheet) so you can have the reference fully visible while you play the game.

Also, the labels for each row will always be on the left side of the screen, no matter how far to the right you scroll. That's by design.

Get it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hdj28v6d0m2e3 ... e.xls?dl=0

The next spreadsheet is just for the dungeon locations. The information here is copied directly from the wiki (except for town number), but this is sortable by N location, E location, town name, distance from closest town, and even closest town number (so you can more easily plan out dungeon looting if you're recalling from town to town), with the Volcano being #25. I made this for the N and E sorting so I could run W to E across the top of the map, then E to W across the part S of that, etc. and visit all dungeons along the way. Just so you understand why someone might want to sort dungeon locations by something other than their name.

Get it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/uu4x6vqfr8zt9 ... s.xls?dl=0

I saved these in Excel format, but I recomment OpenOffice.

CNCCocoa

Re: Spreadsheets!

Post by CNCCocoa »

Totem shatter has now been included in the spreadsheet. It functions much the same way as the others. There's also a line for which totem to use for skilling as well as how many imbues to use. You can use higher or lower level totems or fewer imbues and still have 100% success in your shatters. This just gives you a general guideline. If you want to calculate which totem with which imbues will get you the maximum exp every level, then go ahead. But I think this serves as a good guide.